ENGLAND VS. FRANCE – UEFA EURO 2012 GROUP D MATCH PREVIEW
Two European powerhouses, both coming off of disappointing World Cups. One entering this tournament with all the hype and momentum in the world, while the other rides it’s way in on an unimpressive wave of mediocrity.
- Midfield duo of Steven Gerrard and Scott Parker will do their best to break up play, and spread the ball to their wingers and forwards.
- Attackers Danny Welbeck and Ashley Young have a pre existing connection from Manchester United and will work together to make it’s way through the France defense.
- Keeper Joe Hart is one of the best around.
- Lackluster defense will be tested lots during this game.
- Under performing wingers might not have what it takes to provide proper service.
- Team unity/character seems lacking.
- Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema is completely on fire right now for his country. Continuing his impressive scoring run in the pre tournament friendlies, this star striker seems in proper form to tear open any team he faces.
- Bayern Munich winger Frank Ribery is finding his game at the perfect time. His partnership with Benzema could be the demise of England in this game.
- Team unity is high, everyone is performing to the best of their capabilities, and it seems in attack this team won’t run out of ideas and tight passing.
- Defense is suspect at times, and center backs seem to lack pace.
- May rely to heavily on Benzema/Ribery
- Right back might be a position of weakness, and teams will look to exploit Bacary Sagna’s absence.